Vinsamlegast skrifaðu skilaboðið þitt hérna
Assalamu alaykum varahmatullahi waBarakah!Нисйе
Many thanks to you Gird!., For your contribution made in Nohchiyn Wikipedia! Yes, Allah will reward you in this life and the afterlife! Nohçi 22:43, 7 огой бутт 2010 (UTC)
Салам! I was looking in my Russian-Chechen dictionary, and found: Рипураийн мотт, is there a difference between Kölsh and Repuraian before we change it? --Гирди 08:58, 19 мIангал-бутт 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, there is a difference between the Kölsch language and the Ripuarian languages in that Kölsch is a single language in the collection of the Ripuarian languages.
- Per estimate, a majority of about 1/4 of all Ripuarian language speakers speak Kölsch, but there are some 120 or more other Ripuarian varieties, some of which are in part mututally incomprehensible, and some having only a few hundred speakers, usually the older inhabitants of a specific village.
- Since "Ripuarian" is a merely schientific term, it is almost unknown to the general public and the Ripuarian speakers themselves. If they are trying to speak collectively about the languages, they either say "like Kölsch" (if they are from elsewhere) or they call it "de:Rheinisch" - en:Rhinelandic - or plain and general "de:Platt" (nl:plat (taal)). "Platt" happens to be a term saying "not standard German/Dutch/French" to a huge population including the entire Northern half of Germany and much more. "Rhinelandic" is less general but still vastly ambigous, and much too general a term, too.
- Many people living in some distance from the area where people use ripuarian languages cannot distinguish between Kölsch and other varieties of Ripurarian, and often collectively call them Kölsch. Even worse, they often confuse them with Dutch, or Frisian, saying they all sounded alike.
- Unfortunately, when the existing test project became a Wikipedia, the ISO 639 had a code for Kölsch,
ksh, but none for Ripuarian. We had asked for one but the (valid) request was turned down on the ground that "we are currently busy working on something else" (see final e-mail). The Wikimedia Foundation then agreed to start the Ripuarian language Wikipedia with the "minoritiy" code
kshfor the time being, which the Kölsch fraction of the test project had invited them to. Once we have the new ISO code, it is planned to be switched over.
- Now, we have the unfortunate situation that (similar to
gswcame), we are using an ISO code for something which it was not actually meant for.
- Some projects, e.g. the
napWikipedia and some neighboring ones, strictly use ISO codes for what they really mean in their Babel system. Others don't. Many did not really decide. Several, like the
de"invented" and use dozens of non-ISO codes mixed with true ISO codes.
- My position is to suggest using ISO codes with their meaning given to them by the ISO, and nothing else, and clean out conflicting uses over time. That is how I came to refer to "Kölsch" in the Babel template. This is btw. correct for myself, since I speak Kölsch (and nothing else. If I try to imitate other Ripuarian languages, people laugh at me, because I get it wrong; even for the very close variety which was the language of my grandmother, which I heared a lot when I was a child)
- As soon as we have a true collective code for the Ripuarian languages, the current problem will be solved. Up to then, it is your decision, how you want to handle the Babel-code system. There is no general rule or common way to follow, since all somehow meaningful choices have been taken at one place or another.
- Simple question → complicated answer, I know. Many greetings, and thank you for your watchfulness and attention.
--Purodha Blissenbach 10:53, 21 мIангал-бутт 2008 (UTC)
Bot flag request for Purbo TНисйе
- I will look into it when I get back to Iceland. Thanks! --Гирди 02:42, 28 мIангал-бутт 2008 (UTC)
Closure et al.Нисйе
Hi, Girdi. It's a shame that closure proposal with all this hard work done here. I believe it won't succeed but if needed I'll jump in.
There are a couple of things I'd like to suggest for Chechen:
- Translation of interwiki bot summaries: the summaries are yet untranslated (they appears in English in the Recent Changes). Maybe you could bother to translate this example (don't translate language codes :) ):
(robot Adding: br, fi, he, it, ja, ksh, nn, no, se Removing: la, ru Modifying: de, en, fr, ko). This wikipedia would benefit from that translation.
- Implementation of the Standard Bot Policy: despite you being a bureaucrat here, you may not have time or not willing to spend time evaluating and granting bot flags to the "normal" interwiki bots (just like mine, the ones that just update interwiki links on existing pages). Therefore, implementing the Standard Bot Policy will allow a steward to grant the bot flag to these well-known bots without your intervention. Other kinds of bots (like article-creating ones) are excluded from this policy. Maybe you would like to implement it here.
Best regards, Malafaya 15:16, 18 тав-бутт 2008 (UTC)
- Hey Malafaya! Great to hear from you! Yeah, I doubt it'll close, but whatever, I consider it vandalism from that polish guy. Anyway, I am in a rush now so sorry for the quick response but yeah, if the closure is 100% denied, then I will check out the suggestions you made! No problem! Hope you are doing well! And it wouldn't hurt leaving a vote. :) --Гирди 12:33, 19 тав-бутт 2008 (UTC)
Dear Girdi, this is to request a bot flag for Synthebot. Its technical information is summarized below.
- Operator: Julian Mendez
- Automatic or Manually Assisted: mostly automatic in autonomous mode; sometimes manually assisted to solve interwiki conflicts
- Programming Language(s): pywikipedia (source code)
- Function Summary: interwiki links
- Already has a bot flag on: more than 100 wikipedias (SUL), and approved in many others as global bot
Hi Johana, I found your profile randomly and was shocked to read that you are ahalf Cechen half Icelandic, is it really true? How did your mother managed to go to Iceland, I mean that's something confusing, and also you speak chechen? WOW!
- Wa alaykum salam. I am not Chechen at all! :D I am 0% Chechen, I just taught myself the Chechen language because I am very interested in Chechen. :) I wish inshAllah maybe I can have a Chechen family, but I am not Chechen. Barkal, ho noxcho vui/yui? --Гирди 00:39, 26 нажи-бутт 2009 (UTC)
Hello. You blocked my bot (User:TXiKiBoT) some months ago, since it had no a flag to work as a bot in this wiki. I've recently done a request in meta-wiki for a global bot flag, and I'm awaiting for its approval. Could you please unblock my bot? Thank you! TXiKi 08:42, 26 биэкъарг-бутт 2009 (UTC)
Bot flag of Purbo TНисйе
look at the Purbo T had a bot flag, and you removed it. Is there a chance to have it back, please? This bot has a bot flag almost everywhere. Thank you --Purodha Blissenbach 12:19, 8 тушоли-бутт 2009 (UTC), my bot
Hi! I was wondering if you could help out with a brief translation of the entry on nonkilling . It doesn't need to be whole thing: the first paragraph (or even the first sentence) would do! Thank you! Hei! Jeg lurte på om du kunne hjelpe med en kort oversettelse av oppføring på nonkilling . Det trenger ikke være hele greia: første ledd (eller den første setningen) ville gjøre! Takk! --Cgnk 21:29, 4 мIангал-бутт 2009 (UTC)
Translation of a short storyНисйе
Hi my friend!
I would like to request something from you. Yes, translation. I hope, it's not a bad thing for you. Some years ago I wrote a (really) short story about a lonely man (actually symbolized the Saami nation). I translated into some languages and I thought, it would be great to have it more, like also in Nohchyjn :) I made this page, the English translation is somewhere there. You can put the Nohchyjn translation there. Thank you again! Sorry for my disturb... :( And, if I could have an other request too. I saw, that your mother tongue is Icelandic. I have a Faroese translation there, but not Icelandic, and I love that language, and I miss it. could you do also that?? :) - hu:User:Eino81
Username changing requestНисйе
Hello. I ask you to change my username to Visible Light Thank you! Visible Light 17:43, 3 эрх-бутт 2009 (UTC)
Your admin statusНисйе
Hello. I'm a steward. A new policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus recently. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on fowiki, where you are an administrator. Since fowiki does not have its own administrators' rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights, and demonstrate a continued requirement to maintain these rights.
We stewards will evaluate the responses. If there is no response at all after approximately one month, we will proceed to remove your administrative rights. In cases of doubt, we will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact us on m:Stewards' noticeboard.